Canada Games Sport Physiotherapy Leadership Program
Athlete health is a dynamic, expanding area of sport. As our understanding of what athlete health evolves, so too, do the opportunities for health care providers to make positive contributions, with a variety of roles emerging as a result. The Canada Games Council, Niagara Canada Games 2022 Committee, and Dr. Tracy Blake, PT PhD are excited to announce the launch of the Canada Games Sport Physiotherapy Leadership Program (CGSPLP). This program will give TWO physiotherapists of Black and/or Indigenous ancestry the chance to explore sport physiotherapy and athlete health leadership through the Canada Games experience.
WHAT IS THE CANADA GAMES SPORT PHYSIOTHERAPY LEADERSHIP PROGRAM?
CGSPLP is a one-week in-Games experience ( accommodation, and Niagara Games 2022 volunteer kit included), during which the successful applicants will:
- Gain clinical and field sport coverage experience to facilitate their journey through Sport Physiotherapy Canada postgraduate education pathway.
- Gain exposure to athlete health systems and operations in a high performance, multisport games environment.
- Have the opportunity to engage with the national and local interdisciplinary athlete health provider community.
- Participate in a seminar and mentorship session on athlete health and performance in Canada.
- Be awarded a $1500.00CAD bursary.